This course is designed for people who care for babies and children in any professional setting, including nannies, child-minders, nursery workers and au pairs.
- For child carers in any professional setting.
- Recommended for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Meets Childcare Registration requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This course teaches first aid skills for responding to accidents and how to recognise and treat certain medical conditions in babies and children.
- Unresponsive and breathing
- Unresponsive and not breathing, including:
- use of an automated external defibrillator/AED
- Object in eye, ear or nose
- Hypothermia/heat exhaustion
- Head injury
- Medical emergency
- Diabetic emergency
- Asthma attack
- Severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)
- Injury to a bone, muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
- Swallowed something harmful
- Basic adult first aid
- Accident reporting
- Administering medication
ON THE DAY
The two day course runs over 12 hours from 9am until 5pm each day, with a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions. As an alternative the course can be run in 2 hour sessions over 6 weeks, this gives flexibility to fit with your business needs
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation. For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities designed to coach and support them.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to get down to the floor and willing to work in pairs. Group sizes can range from 4 up to 12.
The participants are assessed throughout the course and upon successful completion they receive a Level 3 NVQ certificate which is valid for 3 years. Requalification is to attend the same course at the end of the 3 years.
To Book a Course
To book this course for your company or to enquire about spaces on future courses please email us.